Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Challenges
Had two weekends where I could not plan my food, which slowed my progress (I don't do well staying on program when I can't plan). I'm still losing, but I know it could've been better.

I'm facing a HUGE challenge this weekend as I go to the beach with my family. I'm trying to plan ahead and will bring low-point foods for the road. I know we'll probably be going to restaurants. I just have to choose wisely.

I found a new meeting place and love the dynamic there, so much better than where I was attending before. Everyone is so lively, friendly and supportive and the leader is less salesman-like than the previous one.

This location is farther away (about 20-25 minutes) but worth the drive. I can only go there for the next few weeks, however, as my kids start swimming lessons on the only day they have a meeting at this place.

So, I'll have to go back to my original meeting place while swimming lessons are on.

I bought Weight Watcher's Three Month Diary food planning thingie and love it. I also got their organizer on sale for $5 and keep all of my materials in there. I do so much better when I'm organized.

The three month diary is great as it has a place to measure yourself each month (to see if you're losing inches...since I plan to up my exercise soon this is important, because I might gain muscle weight). I also like being able to have all of my food tracked in one place so I can look back, rather than using the weekly booklets that end up taking up space and are hard to go through later on.

Everything fits in my organizer so I can take it with me wherever I go, especially the grocery store. I have my points calculator (the free cardboard, sliding one), dining out guide, etc. in there.

I bought a Weight Watchers point bracelet on sale for $4 and it's adorable! It's "pearl" and you move the heart-shaped clasp along based on how many points you've had for the day. Perfect for when you're on-the-go and can't always write down what you've eaten.

I learned a new motto at my last meeting that you might have already heard: "If you bite it, you write it. If you nibble, you scribble. If you drink it, you ink it. And if you chase it, you erase it." Cute. :)

So, after about four weeks on the program, I lost seven pounds total. Not bad but it could've been better. This is week five and I weigh in on Thursday so I'm hoping I might be able to break the 10 pound mark.

I am on hormonal treatments for endometriosis, however, which has caused me to start retaining water. I know my weight loss would be so much higher if it wasn't for that so I'm keeping that in mind.

I'll probably take a diuretic before my next weigh in just to make it fair.


posted by DietDiva @ 7:35 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At June 13, 2007 at 5:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good luck on your vacation. What has worked best for me is to keep checking whether I'm still hungry when eating in restaurants, because the portions are always so big.

    Have fun, too! Congrats on your weight loss so far.

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 12:31 PM, Blogger Laura N said…

    Hi DD. Found you from Jen's blog's comments.

    Good luck with your loss-- 7 pounds so far is great. Celebrate it!

    Glad to hear you found a meeting place you like. If you can, get online often and read these weight loss blogs. Comments are always welcome, it seems, so don't feel shy just because you're new at this blog thing. Blogging and interacting online are just another way to anchor yourself with support and help.

    You'll find several awesome blogs at the angryfatgirls.blogspot blog. And just follow the comments and links from there.

    Good luck and keep posting! I'll come back to check on you.

     
  • At June 13, 2007 at 2:15 PM, Blogger DietDiva said…

    Thank you so much, Jen and Laura for your support and tips! I think I could really benefit from the advice online, especially since I don't have a "real" life diet buddy. Looking forward to getting to know you both! :)

     
  • At March 27, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hey there everyone just wanted to invite you to check out this great website this is how i lost 45 pounds in 16 weeks free to everyone
    http://www.phenchat.com/

     
  • At October 11, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Cool post! Thanks! Best Weight loss product

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Archives
Template By
Free Blogger Templates