Thursday, June 28, 2007
Two Weigh-In's After Two Tough Weeks


Life has been so hectic that it's been hard to keep up with blogging. So I'm playing catch-up and posting two weigh-ins in one post.

Okay, last week's weigh-in, which came after vacationing and me "blowing it" most of the weekend:

159.2 pounds, down 1.6 pounds for the week, for a total LOSS of 11.6 pounds overall!!!! (I wasn't putting in ounces before but have since corrected that)

Now for today's weigh-in, which came after a HORRIBLY challenging week, eating-wise:

157.4 pounds, down 1.8 pounds for the week, for a total loss of 13.4 pounds overall!!!

I think all of the walking and activity helped work off some of the extra food I indulged in while on vacation.

This past week, my hormones have made me want to binge constantly. But I do the 10-minute rule (I think that's how long they give) where an urge will pass if you do something else to get through it. And it's worked.

For the times it hasn't, rather than throwing my hands up in the air and giving in, I am taking a different approach and counting what I've binged on.

I used to say "Oh well, I've already messed up. I might as well just keep eating and stop fighting it." Which led to horrible results.

And in doing this new method of thinking, I actually found that I wasn't really "blowing it." In fact, I still has a few extra weekly points left.

So a combination of reframing, distraction, positive thinking, accountability, no-guilt trips, and writing what I eat really paid off!

I thought for sure I would've gained with all of my slip-ups this week, but I am SO proud of myself for overcoming old patterns and making it through this hurdle. And losing weight at the same time! Wow, it feels so good, so empowering and so liberating!!

My goal for this week is to get to 155 or less. I'm less than four pounds away from 10%, too!!! But I think expecting to lose four pounds in a week is an unrealistic goal. If it happens, great. If not, I wasn't expecting it.

155 would definitely make me happy. That's the weight I got to when I did WW online by myself and it's where I got stuck. But at that time, it was a 10 pound loss. I'm THRILLED to be at 13.4 pounds lost, and hope that I don't hit a plateau again at 155.

Oh, and something that happened to me today at weigh-in just made my whole year. The lady taking my weight (LOVE her!) said to me, "Has anyone checked your weight range? You don't look like you need to be dieting!"

Oh, that just sent me over the moon!

We looked up my range which is 135-169, so I'm smack in the middle of normal. But for me, my ideal weight is 145 and I'm determined to get to it. Being told I look good now, though, certainly doesn't hurt! :)

So here are the stats:

Starting Weight:170.8
Week 2:166.5 (-4.2)(there was actually another six instead of a five but I don't like three sixes in a row so I fibbed.)
Week 3:163.8 (-2.8)
Week 4:160.8 (-3)(I missed a meeting sometime around this weight so I'm actually one week ahead of where they have me at in my folder...but to avoid confusion, I'll just post what's in my folder)
Week 5:159.2 (-1.6)
Week 6:157.4 (-1.8)

Again, for a grand total loss of 13.4 pounds.

This week's goal: Get to 155 or below. Continue to battle emotional eating with all the tools I've learned.


posted by DietDiva @ 10:54 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At June 29, 2007 at 11:15 AM, Blogger Laura N said…

    Super job! You must be really active or like you said, not have messed up that much, to have lost almost 2 pounds each week. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Keep at it!

     
  • At July 1, 2007 at 12:09 AM, Blogger DietDiva said…

    Hi Laura! Thanks!

    Yeah, we did a lot of walking around on vacation so that must've helped. Last week, I was VERY inactive because of the fatigue but I guess counting all of the points even when I messed up paid off. And all of the reframing I tried, too, helped keep me from messing up too much.

    I'm dealing with so many health issues now that I'm stuck on the couch recovering. I pray that doesn't hamper my weight loss this week, but I'm not sweating it and just trying to accept what's meant to be. All I can do is my best!

     
  • At October 12, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It is kinda cool to be updated in your weight by checking it in a weigh-scale, which is to be easily determine if you need.


    http://www.proactolreviewsonline.com/

     
  • At March 5, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Blogger David Butch said…

    Hey good blog,

    If you want to reduce your weight then use steam sauna. Traditional saunas are equipped with stone stove heaters and protective heater guard that helps in burning calories and controlling weight.Its special feature is the stress relief wall light that reduces stress and fatigue.

     
  • At May 30, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Blogger Terryman said…

    Love this post!Thanks alot for sharing it.Let lose weight now.God bless you.
    Sharing,quick weight loss diets link:
    Quick weight loss diets

     
  • At July 27, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You have great outlook about weight lost control I would like to appreciate your views. The most popular weight reducing drug is now available online. You can buy it from online drug stores efficiently from various websites, and it may be the best option for a busy person. You should buy Phentramin-d online or from a local medical store, because it is compulsory to reduce overweight as many diseases may be generated due to obesity like as diabetes, high blood pressure, raised cholesterol level and heart diseases.
    http://www.drughealthstore.com/

     
  • At August 6, 2011 at 6:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "loose skin after weight loss is also a Problem"
    http://fi8ness.blogspot.com/2010/04/avoid-saggy-skin-after-weight-loss.html

     
  • At October 19, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Blogger remo said…

    Well the first step in losing weight is simply to create a calorie deficit. A calorie deficit is when you eat fewer calories than you burn.And preparing your weight chart is good.I also prefer to prepare my intake calorie chart as well.It helps me alot.I took HCG homeopathic supplements for loosing weight.For more information, visit,http://www.sensa-weight-loss.com/try-your-hcg-for-successful-weight-loss/

     
  • At August 14, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Blogger women health said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At August 14, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Blogger women health said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At August 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Blogger women health said…

    Great Job! I am truly loving this appearance/style of the blog Easy Weight-Loss
    http://womenshealth.org.in/weight-loss.php

     
  • At February 9, 2020 at 11:55 PM, Blogger Financially Free said…

    Hey Laura, why not try another diet plan?. I wanna share something on my journey to weight loss. Wayback 2018 my weight was almost 200 lbs at the age of 41 with a waistline of 32
    and height of 5'5". I felt something wrong with my body. I keep on sleeping,
    always hunger and feeling tired most of the time. When I test my glucose it was 300+ mg/dl. I'm afraid to go to the doctor So what I did was I used the natural method of weight loss like exercising, fasting and diet. After 6 months, I lost 60 lbs and my blood sugar went down to 100 mg/dl. Until now, I discovered something new that I found on the net
    ( i really love searching on a healthy lifestyle). If it's ok with you,
    I want to share these links. Hoping for other people may benefit from this.
    http://bit.ly/374f2et , http://bit.ly/2QafmlK.
    Have a good day. God Bless

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
Archives
Template By
Free Blogger Templates